Malé, Maldives – Maldives Journalists Association has elected their new executive committee for 2022-2024 term.
The election was held during the MJA Congress 2022 held on September 3, 2022 with a total of 78 participants.
The new executive committee members are;
- President – Ali Rifshan
- Vice-president – Mohamed Yameen
- Secretary General – Naaif Ahmed
- Budget Secretary – Naazim Hassan
- Executive Committee Member – Nuzuha khaleel
- Executive Committee Member – Aasima Nizar
- Executive Committee Member – Muzayin Nazim
The new committees term for next three years will start from September 17, 2022.
The association, formed in 2009, had also helped facilitated various training opportunities for the development of journalism in the country. However, following a split in its membership, it collapsed in 2014 and was revived in 2022 through an extraordinary general meeting.