Malé, Maldives — A webinar is being hosted by the Direct Democracy Global (DDG) to raise awareness about UNSCR 1325.
The United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 (UNSCR 1325) is a resolution adopted by the UN Security Council, which refers to women, peace and security.
While the webiner is scheduled to be held on October 12th virtually through Zoom, unlimited amount of participants will be able to join the meeting from 1700hrs to 1800hrs (Maldives Time).
However, those who wish to join the meeting are first required to register in advance, through the Zoom link so they can receive a confirmation email that can assist them in joining the webinar.
While the former Cabinet Minister of Maldives, Dr. Mariyam Shakeela will be as the Moderator for the webiner from DDG, the former UN Human Rights Education and Protection Advisor DDG board member, Ireneo Omositson Namboka will be the Keynote Speaker for the event from DDG.
Apart from these two speakers, there will be six additional speakers who will be discussing regarding the webinars slogan, “She builds peace, Stand with women peacebuilders.” The additional six speakers are:
- Mossarat Qadeem – The Co-founder of PAIMAN Alumni Trust.
- Melinda Holmes – Program Director at ICAN for the WASL.
- Neelam Raina – Associate Professor of Design and Development at Middlesex University, London.
- Asra Ahmed – Executive Director of Think Tank Direct Democracy Global Maldives.
- Visaka Dharmadasa – Founder and Chair of Association of War Affected Women and Parents of Servicemen Missing in Action.
- Mohamed Shihaab – Child Rights Ambassador at Human Rights Commission of Maldives.
While the UNSCR 1325 was adopted by the Security Council on 2000, according to the United States Institute of Peace, “the UNSCR 1325 is a global commitment to ensure that women and girls are systematically and sustainably integrated into peace and security.”