Male’, Maldives – The Saudi Arabian government has announced special policies for Maldivian’s planning to go to Umrah during the current pandemic.
This comes after Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdullah Shahid had a discussion with Minister of Foreign Affairs Faisal bin Farhan Al-Saud and the Saudi Government on international travel restrictions and to implement an easier course of action for Maldivians going to Umrah. The following requirements are in place.
The Saudi government revealed the following is required for Maldivians planning for Umrah:
- As per usual, Umrah policies, a reservation must be done before doing Umrah prayers or visiting Al Masjid al Haram and Al Masjid an Nabawi . This was previously done through a travel agency/umrah group.
- A Covid-19 negative test result no older than 72 hours.
- An airline reservation that follows the approved travel program given to the pilgrim.
- Stay 3 days at a hotel for quarantine after arriving to Saudi Arabia.
- Under Saudi Arabians Ministry of Health guidelines, only individuals between the age of 18 and 50 can be given Umrah opportunities under this special policy.
- Pilgrims going for Umrah should give their utmost importance to uphold safety measures since the beginning of their trip to the end.
This comes as a relief to many Maldivians, who have been unable to go on their pilgrimage since last year due to Covid-19 forcing Saudi Arabia to close their borders .