Malé, Maldives – Health Protection Agency (HPA) has announced that people living in Malé, over 55, can now receive their Covid-19 vaccine at 3 sites in the greater Malé area.
HPA has gradually decreased the age range to over 55, after starting at elderly over 70 earlier this week.
People over 55 can go to the Social Center in Malé and Hulhumalé Vaccination Center in Hulhumalé from 09:00 to 17:00. The Vilimalé Youth Center will be open from 09:00 to 13:00 in Vilimalé area.
Those who are going to receive the vaccine were instructed to bring in an official identification document, such as their national ID cards, as well as to ensure the following;
- Ensure that there are no signs or symptoms of the virus in the person going to get vaccinated
- Ensure that the individual is not quarantined
- Wear a loose outfit which provides easy access to vaccination site (upper arm area)
- Eat well prior to getting vaccinated
- Carry a water bottle when going for the shot
- Ensure that the recipient is not accompanied by more than one bystander
Although the vaccination process is currently on going in only some regions of the island nation, the campaign will reach out to all parts of the country, with the aim of immunizing the entire population of the country within the upcoming six months.
Despite the ongoing Covid-19 vaccination campaign, experts urge the public to not fall into a false sense of security and remain vigilant by practicing all health and safety measures set in place by the HPA against Covid-19 as the country has entered a third wave and is battling a new variant of the Covid-19 virus confirmed recently.
With the surge in numbers for the total active cases experts have warned that the country’s health care system is becoming overwhelmed, urging everyone to do their part in curbing the spread of the virus, and staying safe.