Commercial Bank of Maldives introduces Visa Cards

Commercial Bank of Maldives (CBM) | Photo: Mihaaru

Malé, Maldives – The Commercial Bank of Maldives (CBM) has introduced Visa Cards for the first time, allowing customers to use debit and credit card options in both Maldives and abroad via POS machines and ATMs.

The bank further detailed that the offer comes with the option to have either Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR) or US Dollar (USD) dominated cards, along with three options for their credit card customers, which includes Visa Classic, Visa Gold, and Visa Platinum.

Currently Visa cards are being used in several banks in the country, including the Bank of Maldives (BML), and the State Bank of India (SBI).

CBM was opened in 2016 with a reserve of MVR 150 million. Currently the bank holds 45 percent shares of Tree Top Hospital, while the other 55 percent are in the Sri Lankan private bank, Commercial Bank.