Addu City, Maldives – Hulhumeedhoo flu clinic has confirmed an additional positive case from the island of Meedhoo.
According to Hulhumeedhoo Health Center manager Ibrahim Didi, the person who consulted the flu clinic on February 23, 2021 with symptoms was found to be positive as the results came in today.
With this case, the total number of cases recorded from the island stand at 9 out of which 3 people are being treated at the hospital. Including this case, the total number of active cases in Addu City has also risen to 31 while 47 people have recovered from the city until now.
The protective measures against Covid-19 imposed in Hulhumeedhoo of Addu City were further strengthened on February 24, 2021 due to the rise in number of Covid-19 cases.
The Director General of Public Health, Maimoona Aboobakuru has announced that from 24th February onwards for a period of seven days, stricter measures will be imposed in Hulhumeedhoo. These include of:
- Restriction of parties, events and ceremonies.
- Curfew from 20:00 till 04:00.
- Banning people from going from one house to another or one district to another. (Unless for necessary purposes such as medical treatment.)
- Banning going out in groups of more than 3 and gathering at public spaces.
- Closing all food cart (Dhivehi: gaadiya) services.
- To take all precautionary measures in the shops in Addu City and to avoid exceeding the maximum persons capacity in the shops.
- Closing salons, gyms, and hair salons along with restricting any sport activities.
- To take all precautionary measures when providing public transport or taxi services.
- Restricting physical classes in schools, colleges and universities.
- Restricting hotel, Cafe and Restaurant services until further noticed. ( Deliver services and takeaway service excluded.)
The strict measures imposed in Hulhumeedhoo initially came after two random samples taken from the district tested positive for Covid-19.