Gaaf Dhaalu Atoll, Maldives —The Thinadhoo Council has revealed that the Covid-19 restrictions have been eased in the island with the manage the Covid-19 spread in the island.
A statement released by the Thinadhooo Council read that the Health Protection Agency has decided to ease some of the restrictions placed in Thinadhoo starting from March 31st until the monitoring status is lifted from the island.
Restrictions eased are:
- Cafe/Restaurants can now provide in-dine services from morning 5:30 till night 11:00 with the guidelines provided by HPA.
- Residents can now exercise and run from morning 5:00 till evening 6:00 at the running track in Thinadhoo with the guidelines provided by HPA.
Restrictions still active are:
- Schools, Colleges and Universities to be closed and education to proceed via online classes.
- Offices to provide services with the guidelines provided by HPA.
- Closing all exercising classes including gyms and other playing courts.
- Halting the transportation of airport employees.
- Closing children’s parks and museum parks.
- Shops to be opened until 22:00 with the guidelines of HPA.
- Travel from one island to another requires special permit from the city council.
The City Council of Thinadhoo has requested the cooperation of their residents in adhering to the aforementioned rules. The Council advises people to avoid going out unless it is absolutely necessary and to always wear masks and maintain social distancing while outside.
Thinadhoo has been placed under monitoring after the island had confirmed six Covid-19 cases over the past few days. These positive cases included of students as well.