Malé, Maldives — President’s Office has extended the application deadline for the position of Auditor General.
The new deadline given to submit applications for the position of Auditor General closes at 12:30 on Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
All interested parties are requested to submit their applications to the President’s Office along with all the relevent documents from 1000 to 1230 on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, and Wednesday, June 16, 2021. The application forms are available at the President’s Office reception and can also be downloaded at the President’s Office website.
The conditions required in the individuals applying for Auditor General’s position consist of:
- Should be a Muslim.
- Should be a Maldivian.
- Should not be a national of another country.
- Should be above 35 years of age and below 65.
- Should be mentally stable.
- Should not be a member of any political party or an associate of any political party.
- Should not be working at another position in addition to the position of Auditor General.
- Should not have a corruption crime, bribery cime or any crime against the laws of islam proved against them.
The Former Auditor General, Hassan Ziyath resigned from his position on May 12 after his name was listed by the Asset Recovery Commission as a beneficiary of the major MMPRC corruption scandal.