Addu City, Maldives – Addu Emergency Operation Center (Addu EOC), today, released guidelines to be followed after Addu was placed under monitoring status on Saturday.
Addu EOC released a statement detailing the measures to be observed in Addu City effective 30 August 2021, after Health Protection Agency (HPA) placed Addu City’s connected islands, Hithadhoo, Feydhoo, Maradhoo and Maradhoo Feydhoo under monitoring last night.
The Covid-19 safety measures implemented include,
- Gatherings including parties to be stopped for 2 weeks, effective Monday.
- Schools to be closed for two weeks. Education Ministry may decide to hold classes for grades 9 and above with precautionary measures.
- Curfew to be observed from 21:00 to 04:00 starting Sunday, 29 August 2021.
- Food establishments to be open for dine in services until 21:00 and must provide delivery services only until 00:00.
- Shops to be open for customers until 21:00 and must provide delivery services only until 22:00.
Effective 30 August 2021, passengers departing Addu City must get approval from Addu EOC and carry a negative PCR test.
The measures were put in place with the steady increase in Covid-19 numbers in Addu City with a total of 153 positive cases active in the city at present.