Addu City, Maldives – President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih and First Lady Fazna Ahmed arrived in Addu City this evening.
The President and first lady were received by Addu City Mayor Ali Nizar, City Council members and parliamentarians representing Addu City. The first couple received a warm welcome from the public upon their arrival.
This is the second city the President and the First Lady are visiting on their current tour of Maldives’ southernmost cities.
President Solih is scheduled to,
- Sign the agreement for Addu Reclamation Project
- Attend the opening ceremony for the National Academy of Policing and Law Enforcement located in Addu City
- Inaugurate the groundwork for Addu Road Development Project
- Open the harbours of Meedhoo and Maradhoo and Masjid Ibrahim Mosque located in Hithadhoo
- Inaugurate the Drug Detoxification and Community Center
The President’s visit to Addu City is part of the President and the First Lady’s ongoing four-day tour of Fuvahmulah and Addu Cities. They are accompanied on the visit by Cabinet ministers and senior government officials.