Malé, Maldives – Twenty seven parties have been awarded the newly inaugurated Maldives Tourism Award this year.
The award was given during a special reception to mark the National Tourism Day, which coincides with the 50th anniversary since tourism commenced in Maldives.
The award ceremony, which was held at Dharubaaruge convention center of Malé, was officiated by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih. Vice President Faisal Naseem, Tourism Minister Dr. Abdulla Mausoom and other officials of the tourism ministry also attended the event.
Recipients of the Tourism Award 2022:
- Best Resort – One and Only Reethi Rah
- Best Guesthouse – Sabba Summer Suite
- Best Safari Vessel – Gurahali Safari Boat
- Best Travel Agency – Intour Maldives
- Best Water Sports Center – Ocean Group Private Limited
- Best Dive Center – Rasdhoo Divers Kuramathi
- Promoting Local DJ – Conrad Maldives
- Promoting Local Musician – Hard Rock Hotel
- Promoting Local Performers – Ginamendhoo Island Resort and Spa
- Promoting Local Performers – Reethi Beach Resort
- Utilization of Local Products – Standard Hulhaveli maldives
- Best Staff Accommodation – Joali Muramendhoo
- Best Staff Dining – Kurumbaa Maldives
- Employee Health Care and Excellence in Staff Recreation – One and Only Reethi Rah
- Highest Number of Female Employees – Joali Maldives
- Highest Number of Local Employees – Bandos Maldives
- Safest Work Place – Sai Lagoon Crossroad
- Career Development – Constant Halaveli
- Best Staff Dinings Experience, Employee Health Care and Excellence in Staff Recreation – Summer Suite
- Highest Maldivian Employers – Island Luxury Fulhadhoo
- Safest Work Place – Ithaa Dhigurah
- Best Dining – Maldives Exploer
- Safest Work Place – Gurahali Safari Boat
National Tourism Day will officially be marked on the 3rd of October ever year from now on. This year, the day was made a public holiday by the government. Ironically, the holiday did not affect the working schedule of those working in the tourism sector.