Covid-19: Additional 37 positive cases and 19 recoveries.

Photo: Thomas Peter/Reuters

Malé, Maldives — Additional 37 Covid-19 cases and 19 recoveries have been confirmed in Maldives.

HPA confirmed that, in the past 24 hours, an additional 37 confirmed cases of: 

  • 19 Maldivians
  • 12 Bangladeshis
  • 06 Indians.

Counting these 37 cases, the total number of confirmed cases in Maldives is now at 2,187. Currently among these cases, there are only 389 active cases remaining in Maldives.

Among the 2,187 cases in Maldives, 34 percent of the cases are of Maldivian nationals and the remaining 66 percent are of foreign nationals. Bangladeshi nationals make up for 52 percent of the confirmed cases in Maldives with 1,146 cases up to date. The remaining 14 percent of foreign nationals are of 206 Indian, 42 Nepalese, 12 Sri Lankans and 11 Italians

Although the most number of confirmed cases in Maldives are of immigrant workers living in Maldives, the majority of the recovery cases consist of Maldivian nationals

In addition to the 19 recoveries confirmed today, 1,788 people have now fully recovered from the virus in Maldives.

Up to date, 8 have passed away from the virus in Maldives. The deceased are 4 Maldivian nationals and 4 Foreign Nationals.

While there are 294 people held in Isolation facilities, 151 are in quarantine facilities.