Covid-19: Additional 47 cases and 30 recoveries.

Photo: Sunmv

Malé, Maldives — HPA has confirmed additional 47 Covid-19 cases and 30 recoveries in Maldives over the past 24 hours. 

HPA disclosed that, between 6pm of July 9 and 6pm of July 10, additional 47 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 43 Maldivian nationals
  • 03 Bangladeshi nationals
  • 01 Indian nationality

Along with these 47 cases that were confirmed over the past 24 hours, Maldives now has a total of 2,664 confirmed Covid-19 cases. However, currently among these cases, there are only 368 active cases in Maldives.

While 37% of the confirmed 2,664 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationals with a total of 1,030 cases, the remaining 63% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 50% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,314 cases. The remaining 13% cases are of 232 Indian nationals, 45 Nepali nationals, 19 Sri Lankan nationals and 11 Italian nationals.

While 47 people tested positive for the virus today, 30 people has completely recovered from the virus over the past 24 hours. Along with these 30 recoveries, a total of 2,268 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldives has decreased from 86% to 85%.

Up to date, 13 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 8 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino national.

While currently there are 330 people held in Isolation facilities, 97 are in quarantine facilities at present.