Covid-19: Additional 31 cases and 6 recoveries

Photo: Sunmv

Malé, Maldives — HPA has confirmed additional 31 Covid-19 cases and 6 recoveries in Maldives over the past 24 hours. 

HPA disclosed that, between 6pm of July 12 and 6pm of July 13, additional 31 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 22 Maldivian nationals
  • 08 Bangladeshi nationals
  • 01 Indian nationality

Along with these 31 cases that were confirmed over the past 24 hours, Maldives now has a total of 2,762 confirmed Covid-19 cases. However, currently among these cases, there are only 444 active cases in Maldives.

With these 31 new infections, Maldives has confirmed a total of 245 cases over the past five days.

  • July 13: 31 confirmed cases
  • July 12: 67 confirmed cases.
  • July 11: 47 confirmed cases.
  • July 10: 64 confirmed cases.
  • July 09: 36 confirmed cases.

Easing the lock-down measures in the Capital of Maldives, Male’ city, has contributed in increasing the number of confirmed cases in Maldives to a great extend.

While 39% of the confirmed 2,762 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationals with a total of 1,104 cases, the remaining 61% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 48% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,336 cases. The remaining 13% cases are of 234 Indian nationals, 45 Nepali nationals, 19 Sri Lankan nationals and 11 Italian nationals.

While 31 people tested positive for the virus today, only 6 people have completely recovered from the virus over the past 24 hours. Along with these 6 recoveries, a total of 2,290 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldives has decreased from 86% to 82% over the past few days.

Up to date, 13 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 8 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino national.

While currently there are 382 people held in Isolation facilities, 70 are in quarantine facilities at present.