Covid-19: Additional 30 cases and 19 recoveries

Photo: Sunmv

Malé, Maldives — HPA has confirmed additional 30 Covid-19 cases and 19 recoveries in Maldives over the past 24 hours. 

HPA disclosed that, between 6pm of July 14 and 6pm of July 15, additional 30 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 29 Maldivian nationals
  • 01 Bangladeshi nationals

Along with these 30 cases that were confirmed over the past 24 hours, Maldives now has a total of 2,831 confirmed Covid-19 cases. However, currently among these cases, there are only 482 active cases in Maldives.

With these 30 new infections, Maldives has confirmed a total of 314 cases over the past seven days.

  • July 15: 30 confirmed cases.
  • July 14: 39 confirmed cases.
  • July 13: 31 confirmed cases.
  • July 12: 67 confirmed cases.
  • July 11: 47 confirmed cases.
  • July 10: 64 confirmed cases.
  • July 09: 36 confirmed cases.

Easing the lock-down measures in the Capital of Maldives, Male’ city, has contributed in increasing the number of confirmed cases in Maldives to a great extend. While 40% of the confirmed 2,831 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationals with a total of 1,160 cases, the remaining 60% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 47% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,344 cases. The remaining 13% cases are of 239 Indian nationals, 45 Nepali nationals, 19 Sri Lankan nationals and 11 Italian nationals.

While 30 people tested positive for the virus today, only 19 people have completely recovered from the virus over the past 24 hours. Along with these 19 recoveries, a total of 2,321 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldives has decreased from 86% to 81% over the past few days.

Up to date, 14 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 9 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino national.

The most recent death was of a 79 year old Maldivian female who was admitted at HMF on 14th July at 05:05pm. While currently there are 410 people held in Isolation facilities, 47 are in quarantine facilities at present.

While 423 people are in isolation facilities, 32 are in quarantine facilities.