Covid-19: Additional 17 confirmed cases and 14 recoveries

Photo: Sunmv

Malé, Maldives — HPA has confirmed additional 17 Covid-19 cases and 14 recoveries in Maldives over the past 24 hours. 

HPA disclosed that, between 6pm of July 17 and 6pm of July 18, additional 17 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 13 Maldivian nationals
  • 03 Bangladeshi nationals
  • 01 Sri Lankan National

Along with these 17 cases that were confirmed over the past 24 hours, Maldives now has a total of 2,930 confirmed Covid-19 cases, reaching closer to 3000. However, currently among these cases, there are only 546 active cases in Maldives.

Easing the lock-down measures in the Capital of Maldives, Male’ city, has contributed in increasing the number of confirmed cases in Maldives to a great extend.

While 41% of the confirmed 2,930 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationals with a total of 1,230 cases, the remaining 59% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 46% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,360 cases. The remaining 12% cases are of 243 Indian nationals, 46 Nepali nationals, 24 Sri Lankan nationals and 11 Italian nationals.

While 17 people tested positive for the virus today, only 14 people have completely recovered from the virus over the past 24 hours. Along with these 14 recoveries, a total of 2,354 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldives has decreased from 86% to 80% over the past few days.

Up to date, 15 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 10 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino national.

While 433 people are in isolation facilities, 21 are in quarantine facilities.