Male’, Maldives – Ministry of Finance has revealed that by December 10, MVR 2.72 Billion was spent on Covid-19 expenditure in Maldives.
According to a report published by the Ministry of Finance, until December 10, the most amount of money spent on Covid-19 purposes was on health and social efforts with MVR 1,342.6 million.
The Finance Ministry revealed that the rise in the expenses was due to spending money on operational services as well as supplies and requisites for service provision in the country.
According to the report, overall the most amount of money spent on Covid-19 purposes was by National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
While, National Disaster Management Authority had spent MVR 871.7 million, the Ministry of Health had spent MVR 85.9 million for Covid-19 expenditure ranking the second highest in overall expenditure on Covid-19 purposes.
Additional Covid-19 health and social spending:
- Maldives Immigration – MVR 0.9 million
- Maldives National Defense Force – MVR 42.3 million
- Maldives Police Service – MVR 24.3 million
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs – MVR 6.8 million
- Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Affairs – MVR 3.4 million
- Ministry of National Planning and Infrastructure – MVR 37.3 million
- Ministry of Higher Education – MVR 3.3 million
- National Social Protection Agency – MVR 8.4 million
- National Drug Agency – MVR 1.1 million
- Disaster Management Fund – MVR 84.1 million
- Tourism Activities Implementation Fund – MVR 29 million
Furthermore, MVR 9.9 million was also given out as income support during this week for the citizens who’s jobs were affected due to Covid-19 and MVR 1,153 million was issued as recovery loans.