Malé, Maldives – Prosecutor General Hussain Shameem, today, said that the case of the kidnapped, murdered and discarded 13 year old is progressing at a fast pace and the state will get justice for the adolescent.
Speaking to local news “Sun”, PG Shameem said that he is monitoring the case and checked on the progress this morning. The Prosecutor General assured that the adolescent’s family will get justice as will others.
The body of the 13 year old boy was found at 02:38 on June 22, 2021, following a 48-hour search. The body was found inside a box that had been thrown in the sea of Hulhumalé Phase 2. The teenager’s family had filed a report over the child’s kidnapping with the Police on June 20, 2021.
Police inform that two arrests were made in connection to the murder and kidnapping. At present, the suspects are another minor aged 17 and an adult aged 27.
The suspects are charged with 4 criminal offences including sexual abuse of the minor. Other charges include murder and rape. The adult suspect is remanded to remand until the end of trial while the juvenile is remanded for 15 days by the Criminal Court of Maldives.