Male’, Maldives – Maldives Immigration announces that Work Visa and other visa holders, except tourist visa, from South Asian countries can now travel to the Maldives, if they comply with Covid-19 preventive measures placed in the country.
The measures obliged for Work Visa and other visa holders are:
- Must have a negative PCR test result with a sample taken 96 hours prior to their departure to the Maldives.
- Submit Traveler Health declaration form via IMUGA portal within 24hrs of arrival to the Maldives.
- Traveler must request for quarantine 24hrs prior to departure via email@example.com.
- Travelers must quarantine in designated facilities by Health Protection Agency.
- Quarantine accommodations arranged by private companies, resorts and government authorities for their employees, must be approved in accordance with the guideline by Health Protection Agency.
- Approved facilities will be updated by HPA from time to time.
Time duration for all work visa and other visa holders have been reduced to seven days for those who have completed their vaccination dosage (WHO approved vaccines) and at least 14 days have passed after the recommended doses. For those who do not fit in the aforementioned category, they are mandated to complete a period of 14 days quarantine.
Maldives Immigration advises all tourists to register in the Haalubelun portal within 24 hours of arrival and stated that the cost incurred during the quarantine period shall be borne by the individual or their employer.