Malé, Maldives – The Prosecutor General’s Office (PGO) has charged cybercriminals who leaked nude photos with 11 offences under the Penal Code of Maldives (Act no: 9/2014).
Masaid bin Sameeu (36), Ma. Ispanjuge, Malé was arrested on 23 August 2021 for hacking and leaking the contents of a personal smartphone device on social media.
Maldives Police stated that upon investigating the two TB hard drive at his office, over one million photos and personal files were found. Police also found 2 more hard drives at his office and 7 from his home.
The Prosecution is charging the cybercriminals with 11 charges under the Penal Code of Maldives (Act no: 9/2014) including
- Three counts of possession of pornographic material under Section 622
- Three counts of distribution of pornographic material under Section 622
- One count of illegal acquisition of information under Section 232 of the Penal Code
- One count of attempted illegal acquisition of information under Section 232
- One count of obstructing justice under Section 530 of the Penal Code
- One count of knowingly exerting unauthorized control over the property of another under Section 211
- One count of criminal trespass under Section 230
Masaid also has a previous cybercrime record.