Malé, Maldives – The Criminal Court of Maldives has remanded 3 and released 1 suspect arrested in connection with the joint counter-narcotics trafficking operation on October 14.
Criminal Court extended the remand of suspect Juman Musthafa (19) and Mohamed Ahmed (34) by 15 days while Ibrahim Zaid Habeeb (25) was remanded to custody for an additional 5 days.
On Tuesday, the court released another arrestee Midhuhath Ibrahim (26) citing insufficient evidence.
10 individuals were initially sent for remand regarding the 100kg heroin bust, with the court granting remand for 8. Two major players were released by the courts with the Prosecutor General’s Office deciding against an appeal.
Police reveal that the identities of the remanded individuals as,
- Ibrahim Sinaan (24), Dear Friend, HDh. Kumundhoo
- Mohamed Hussain (61), Polaris, Dh. Bandidhoo
- MD Rageegul Islam (35), Bangladesh
- DM Mobin (24), Bangladesh
- Juman Musthafa (19), Beach Heaven, N. Velidhoo
- Ibrahim Zaidh Habeeb (25), Sosunge, GA. Kolamaafushi
- Mohamed Ahmed (34), Janavareemaage, L. Kalaidhoo
- Midhuhath Ibrahim (26), Dheyliyaage, GA. Dhevvadhoo
On October 14 a joint drug bust carried out by officers from Drug Enforcement Department (DED), Drug Intelligence, Marine Police & Forensics resulted in the seizure of 100kgs of heroin. Maldives Police searched 10 locations in the Maldives in 24 hours during the raid.