Addu City, Maldives – Effective today, the Addu Emergency Operations Centre has announced Covid-19 measures as cases increase uncontrolled in the city.
The newly imposed measures include,
- Ban all gatherings and group activities including sports of more than 3 people
- Visiting other homes
- Stop all extracurricular activities in school excluding physical academic classes
- Maintain curfew from 21:00 to 04:00
Health Protection Agency (HPA) placed Addu City’s connected islands, Hithadhoo, Feydhoo, Maradhoo and Maradhoo Feydhoo under monitoring on 28 August 2021, with curfew imposed starting 29 August 2021. Hulhudhoo and Meedhoo in Addu City were placed under monitoring on 4 September 2021.
The new measures are in addition to previously imposed measures,
- Food establishments to be open for dine in services until 21:00 and must provide delivery services only until 00:00.
- Shops to be open for customers until 21:00 and must provide delivery services only until 22:00.
The measures were put in place with the steady increase in Covid-19 numbers in Addu City with a total of 277 positive cases active in the city at present with 3 hospitalized.