Malé, Maldives – President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih on Thursday, constituted R. Ungoofaaru Regional Hospital’s governing board.
With this, the hospital will be governed the following personnel as of 1 September:
- Mohamed Saamiu – Regional Financial Sector Representative
- Dr Hawwa Inaya Abdul Raheem – Independent Health Sector Expert
- Fathimath Nasheeda Mohamed – Representative of Ministry of Health
- Public Health Representative of the Region
- Ali Ibrahim – Public Representative
- Adam Mahir – Hospital-In-Charge
- Moosa Umar Manik- Atoll Council Member
The President appointed Mohamed Saamiu as the chairperson of the hospital’s governing board.
President Solih also decided to hand over the management of 14 government health facilities in Raa Atoll to Ungoofaaru Regional Hospital, effective Thursday.