Covid-19: Additional 67 cases and 16 recoveries

Photo: Sunmv

Malé, Maldives — HPA has confirmed additional 67 Covid-19 cases and 16 recoveries in Maldives over the past 24 hours. 

HPA disclosed that, between 6pm of July 11 and 6pm of July 12, additional 67 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 52 Maldivian nationals
  • 14 Bangladeshi nationals
  • 01 Indian nationality

Along with these 67 cases that were confirmed over the past 24 hours, Maldives now has a total of 2,731 confirmed Covid-19 cases. However, currently among these cases, there are only 419 active cases in Maldives.

With these 67 new infections, Maldives has confirmed a total of 214 cases over the past four days.

  • July 12: 67 confirmed cases.
  • July 11: 47 confirmed cases.
  • July 10: 64 confirmed cases.
  • July 09: 36 confirmed cases.

While 38% of the confirmed 2,731 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationals with a total of 1,082 cases, the remaining 62% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 49% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,328 cases. The remaining 13% cases are of 233 Indian nationals, 45 Nepali nationals, 19 Sri Lankan nationals and 11 Italian nationals.

While 67 people tested positive for the virus today, only 16 people has completely recovered from the virus over the past 24 hours. Along with these 16 recoveries, a total of 2,284 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldives has decreased from 85% to 83%.

Up to date, 13 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 8 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino national.

While currently there are 330 people held in Isolation facilities, 97 are in quarantine facilities at present.