Covid-19: Additional 61 confirmed cases and 7 recoveries.

Photo: Sunmv

Malé, Maldives — HPA has confirmed additional 61 Covid-19 cases and 07 recoveries in Maldives over the past 24 hours. 

HPA disclosed that, between 6pm of July 28 and 6pm of July 29, additional 61 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 44 Maldivian nationals
  • 15 Bangladeshi nationals
  • 02 Indian nationals

With these 61 cases that were confirmed over the past 24 hours, Maldives now has a total of 3,567 confirmed Covid-19 cases, increasing at a faster rate than it never has before. However, currently among these cases, there are only 983 active cases in Maldives.

Easing the lock-down measures in the Capital of Maldives, Malé city, has contributed a lot in increasing the number of confirmed cases in Maldives.

While 46% of the confirmed 3,567 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationals with a total of 1,667 cases, the remaining 54% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 42% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,518 cases. The remaining 12% cases are of 275 Indian nationals, 46 Nepali nationals, 29 Sri Lankan nationals, 11 Italian nationals and 05 Filipinos.

Previously the majority of the confirmed cases were of foreign nationals. However, since the lock-down easement on the capital city Malé, it has contributed a lot in increasing the number of confirmed cases for Maldivian nationals as well.

While 61 people tested positive for the virus today, only 07 people have completely recovered from the virus over the past 24 hours. Along with these 07 recoveries, a total of 2,554 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldives has decreased from 86% to 71% since the lock-down easement.

Up to date, 15 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 10 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino national.

Currently there are 657 people in the isolation facilities of Maldives.

12 islands and are at the time under active surveillance. They are:

  • H. A. Kelaa
  • R. Dhuvaafaru
  • R. Hulhudhuffaaru
  • R. Inguraidhoo
  • B. Eydhafushi
  • B. Hithadhoo
  • Lh. Kurendhoo
  • A. A. Thoddoo
  • K. Maafushi
  • Cheval Blanc Randheli island resort
  • Soneva Jani island resort
  • Seaside Finolhu Maldives island resort

While those who leave the greater Malé’ region are still required to stay in quarantine for 14 days, people from other residential islands are now allowed to enter Malé without special authorization.