Malé, Maldives — The Bank of Maldives (BML) has revealed the winners of their “Aharenge Bank” Community Fund.
The five winning projects that won the phase 02 of Community Fund are:
- Support for Waste Management System in Kinolhas island in Raa atoll
- Community Area in Goidhoo island in Baa atoll
- School Water Supply through RO Plants in Kolamaafushi island of Gaafu Alifu atoll
- Nature Park with Solar Lights in Nadella island of Gaafu Dhaalu atoll
- Book Donation for Pubic Library in Fuvahmulah City
“We received a number of great proposals for Aharenge Bank Community Fund and with this announcement we have delivered projects in 30 islands which benefits the community. Our gratitude and thanks goes to the individuals and NGOs for initiating these projects and working tirelessly to deliver it. We are happy to support the success of these projects” commented BML’s Manager of Public Relations Mohamed Saeed.
BML, under the Aharenge Bank Community Fund, selects and allocated MVR 50,000 to projects in the areas of education, environment, sports and community development. This year the project submission was divided into 3 phases where the 5 winning proposals were selected during the 1st and 2nd phase while 10 winning proposals will be selected during the 3rd phase.
BML launched a community fund named “Aharenge Bank” literally meaning My Bank on February of 2019 to empower individuals to contribute to their communities through sustainable projects. In addition to this, the program is also a method of increasing the bond of the bank with people, says the bank.