Malé, Maldives — The President’s Office reveals that approximately MVR 1.7 Million is spent per month for the salaries of the political appointees in the President’s Office.
When an Individual named Aiman Latheef (Piko), who seeks information and shares it with the society requested to reveal the the amount of salary paid to the superior political appointees in the government, the President’s Office agreed to the request of Aiman.
Therefore, the information revealed by Aiman states that for the superior members in the President Office, a total of MVR 1.69 million is spent every month as their salary. This is respectively:
- MVR 100,000 for the President.
- MVR 75,000 for the Vice President.
- MVR 66,000 each for the 07 Ministers.
- MVR 55,000 for Chief Communication Strategist.
- MVR 48,500 each for the 08 State Ministers.
- MVR 43,000 each for the 13 Deputy Ministers.
While the salary of the President and the Vice President is determined by Law, the salary for the remianing members is determined by the government. The total amount spent as the salary for each of these member per year amounts up to MVR 20.24 Million.