Addu City, Maldives — Addu Equatorial Hospital (AEH) of Addu City informes that there is a spike in the number of flu cases in the city, instructing all citizens to wear masks and practice social distancing to avoid getting infected.
AEH revealed that the latest statistics of the hospital shows that there has been an increase in the number of people getting infected with the flu virus in the city. AEH noted that the rise in the number of confirmed flue cases is due to several families traveling from different atolls of Maldives to Addu City and visiting several houses on a daily basis.
This is why, the hospital advised all citizens to adhere to the following instructions during this time period as the chance of getting infected by the flu virus or other contagious diseases is very high.
AEH avised all citizens to:
- Cover nose and mouth with a tissue or a similar object before sneezing if they are infected with the flu virus and to dispose of the tissue safely.
- Avoid going to crowded places if they have a fever or constant coughing and to especially avoid taking children to such areas.
- Fully cover mouth and nose while wearing masks and to maintain at least 3 feet distance between each citizen.
- Frequently wash hands using soap and to use hand sanitizer when outside.
- Bring the fewest amount of people if a flu patient is visiting a doctor and to not visit sick patients in the hospital.
- Avoid sending children to school or any crowded area if they are infected with any type of contagious virus and to maintain good hygiene at all times.
- To get Influencer vaccine if they are at high risk of getting badly infected by a respiratory disease such as seasonal flu.
AEH further instructed all citizens to go to the flu clinic if they wish to consult to a doctor when symptoms such as fever, common cold or coughing appear.