Male’, Maldives –Maldives Police Service last night released the identification of 10 suspects arrested in connection to the terror attack against Speaker Mohamed Nasheed on May 06.
Announcing that they have made a total of 10 arrests in connection to the case, Police released the identification of all 10 suspects for the first time this Saturday. They are:
- Ali Haisham, 27, Nooreege, N. Manadhoo
- Is’haq, M. Kudhehige, K. Male’
- Fahumy Ali, Hudhuruvaage, GA. Vilingili
- Mohamed Nazim, Asareege, AA. Maalhos
- Abdulla Ali Manik, Bahaaruge, HA. Molhadhoo
- Mohamed Thasleem, Alanaasige, HA. Hoarafushi
- Ahmed Adhuham Rasheed, 26, Hiyaa, GDh. Thinadhoo
- Mujaz Ahmed, 21, Ma. Feyruge, K. Male’
- Thahmeen Ahmed, 32, Folheyma, GA. Kondey
- Ahmed Fathih, 23, Dhunfini Ufaa, L. Gan.
Speaking at the press conference held on Saturday night, Commissioner of Police Mohamed Hameed informed that the authorities have made a significant arrest in the case; a suspect they believe to have played a key role in planning the attack.
An individual who persuaded and instructed the suspects that President Nasheed needed to be attacked and killed … and lead the planning of the attack, was arrested from Addu City earlier this Saturday. He is Mohamed Thasleem from Alanaasige in HA. Hoarafushi.Commissioner of Police Mohamed Hameed
Along with Thasleem, Police stated that Is’haq, M. Kudhehige, K. Male’, and Ali Haisham, 27, Nooreege, N. Manadhoo are also suspected to have played a major role in persuading and interacting the suspects hat President Nasheed needed to be attacked and killed.
On July 22, the Court granted remand till sentencing for three accused individuals of the terror attack from Male’ city. They are Mujaz Ahmed, Thahumeen Ahmed and Adhuham Ahmed Rasheed while a fourth suspect, Ali Haisham was remanded for only 30 days.