Male’, Maldives – Maldives Police Service has sent the Prosecutor General’s Office (PGO) to prosecute the mastermind of the May terror attack, Ali Haisham after completing investigation on him.
PG Hussain Shameem tweeted today to inform that the Police has requested the PGO to prosecute another individual who was arrested in relation to the terror attack against Speaker Nasheed on May 06. PGO will receive 15 days to decide on a prosecution for Haisham.
A total of 10 suspects have been arrested in connection to the case. They are:
- Ali Haisham, 27, Nooreege, N. Manadhoo
- Is’haq, M. Kudhehige, K. Male’
- Fahumy Ali, Hudhuruvaage, GA. Vilingili
- Mohamed Nazim, Asareege, AA. Maalhos
- Abdulla Ali Manik, Bahaaruge, HA. Molhadhoo
- Mohamed Thasleem, Alanaasige, HA. Hoarafushi
- Ahmed Adhuham Rasheed, 26, Hiyaa, GDh. Thinadhoo
- Mujaz Ahmed, 21, Ma. Feyruge, K. Male’
- Thahmeen Ahmed, 32, Folheyma, GA. Kondey
- Ahmed Fathih, 23, Dhunfini Ufaa, L. Gan.
While the Police has already sent Mujaz Ahmed, Thahumeen Ahmed, Adhuham Ahmed Rasheed and Mohamed Thasleem for protection, PG Shameem informed that a decision on their prosecution will be taken next week.
Speaking at the latest press conference held by the Police, Commissioner of Police, Mohamed Hameed informed that they have arrested several individuals who are suspected to have played a major role in persuading and interacting the suspects hat President Nasheed needed to be attacked and killed. They are Mohamed Thasleem, Is’haq and Ali Haisham.
On July 22, the Court granted remand till sentencing for three accused individuals of the terror attack from Male’ city. They are Mujaz Ahmed, Thahumeen Ahmed and Adhuham Ahmed Rasheed while a fourth suspect, Ali Haisham was remanded for only 30 days.