Male’, Maldives – Prosecutor General’s Office (PGO) on Monday announced that a press conference will be held on Tuesday, August 3, at 1400hrs in the afternoon to reveal details of the prosecutions made regarding the terror attack against Speaker Mohamed Nasheed on May 06.
PG Hussain Shameem announced on Twitter that PGO has made several prosecution decisions today (August 2) and details would be revealed during the press conference.
While PGO has already prosecuted a 33-year-old individual from Hoarafushi, Haa Alif Atoll, Mohamed Thasleem, Alanaasige, for having played a major role in the terror attack against Speaker Nasheed.
Maldives Police Service has submitted the investigation on Mujaz Ahmed (21), Thahmeen Ahmed (32), Ahmed Adhuham Rasheed (26) and Ahmed Fathih (23) and Ali Haisham (27).
A total of 10 suspects have been arrested in connection to the case. They are:
- Ali Haisham, 27, Nooreege, N. Manadhoo
- Is’haq, M. Kudhehige, K. Male’
- Fahumy Ali, Hudhuruvaage, GA. Vilingili
- Mohamed Nazim, Asareege, AA. Maalhos
- Abdulla Ali Manik, Bahaaruge, HA. Molhadhoo
- Mohamed Thasleem, Alanaasige, HA. Hoarafushi
- Ahmed Adhuham Rasheed, 26, Hiyaa, GDh. Thinadhoo
- Mujaz Ahmed, 21, Ma. Feyruge, K. Male’
- Thahmeen Ahmed, 32, Folheyma, GA. Kondey
- Ahmed Fathih, 23, Dhunfini Ufaa, L. Gan.
Speaking at the latest press conference held by the Police, Commissioner of Police, Mohamed Hameed informed that they have arrested several individuals who are suspected to have played a major role in persuading and interacting with the suspects that President Nasheed needed to be attacked and killed. They are Mohamed Thasleem, Is’haq and Ali Haisham.