Male’, Maldives – President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih and the Ministry of Education of Maldives wishes all students a happy and successful new academic year.
President Solih tweeted to congratulate MoE on their achievement in being able to conduct physical classes for all the students across the Maldives.
The opening ceremonies of over 15 schools in the country were attended by several Cabinet Ministers and Government Executives, including:
- Minister of Higher Education, Dr. Ibrahim Hassan – B. Atoll School
- Minister of Health, Ahmed Naseem – Dhiffushi School
- Minister of Fisheries, Marine Resources and Agriculture, Dr. Hussain Rasheed Hassan – AA. Atoll Education Center
- Minister of National Planning, Housing and Infrastructure, Mohamed Aslam – Mohamed Jamaluddin School
- Minister of Gender, Family and Social Services, Aishath Mohamed Didi – Sharafuddin School
- Minister of Islamic Affairs, Dr. Ahmed Zahir – Munavvara School
- Minister of State for Education, Dr. Abdulla Rasheed Ahmed – Dh. Atoll School
- Minister of State for Education, Ahmed Riyaz – Th. Atoll Education School
- Deputy Minister of Education, Ahmed Mujahid – Gaazee Bandaarain School
- Deputy Minister of Education, Mohamed Ihsan – V. Atoll School
- Minister at the President’s Office, Ali Shiyam – M. Atoll Education Center
- Minister at the President’s Office, Ahmed Sameer – Thinadhoo School and Aboobakuru School
- Special Advisor on Social Police of The President’s Office, Dr. Mustafa Lutfi – Lh. Atoll Education Center
- Advisor to the President, Mohamed Shihab – ADh. Atoll School
- Permanent Secretary, Ahmed Ali – Maafaru School
- Senior Policy Director, Moosa Adam – Hulhudhuffaaru School
- Senior Policy Director, Moosa Naeem – F. Atoll Education Center
Education Ministry of Maldives recently advised students to prepare to get the Covid-19 vaccine administered. According to Ahmed Ali, the ministry is already to preparing to begin vaccination program for students with the help of hPA, as soon as they procure enough doses.
While the Government of Maldives has decided to administer the children between the ages of 12 to 17 with Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, an official of the Foreign Ministry informed yesterday that they have received the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine shipment gifted from the United States. The number of doses is yet to be announced.
Although the government has decided to vaccinate students, the government nor the Education Ministry have yet confirmed that it is mandatory for all students to get vaccinated.
We strongly urge to vaccinate all students and assure their safety.Permanent Secretary of Education Ministry, Ahmed Ali
While the new academic year began today with physical classes, a special vaccination program was recently held last Thursday to vaccinate the employees of the school against Covid-19. The Ministry states that unvaccinated people will not be allowed to enter schools from next month onwards.