Malé, Maldives – The Parliament Committee on Independent Institutions on Monday started the vetting process of the candidates for Anti Corruption Commission membership nominated by the President.
President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih nominated five candidates to be appointed as members of the ACC. The candidates are,
- Adam Shamil, Raiviyaage, Th. Vilufushi
- Abdul Salam, Hawa, Sh. Narudhoo
- Thoha Mohamed, Kalhihaaruge, ADh. Maamigili
- Shazna Hashim, Rihivilu, HDh. Nolhivaramfaru
- Shiyama Mohamed, Nares, R. Hulhudhuffaaru
While the names were submitted to the Parliament Committee on Independent Institutions last Monday, the committee has begun the interview process today.
The committee has scheduled to complete the interview process today and submit the report to the parliament floor tomorrow.