Malé, Maldives – Maldivian Democratic Party has announced the candidate numbers for the presidential primaries scheduled to be held on 28th of next month.
MDP President and former President Mohammed Nasheed got candidate number 1 and President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, got candidate number 2.
MDP National Council meeting held yesterday also formed the MDP presidential primary election committee.
The five-member committee comprises Ibrahim Waheed (Chairman’s Deputy Administrative), Anas Abdul Sattar (Spokesperson), Akram Kamaluddin (Northern Province President), Mohammed Iman (Kendhikulhudhoo Constituency President) and Ahmed Abdullah Afeef (Former Legal Committee Chairman).
The National Council meeting yesterday heated up and supporters of President Nasheed left the meeting without voting for the presidential primary election committee members.
MDP Presidential Primary 2023 Timeline:
- 18 December 2022– Presidential primary announced
- 18 December 2022 – Presidential Primary
- 24 December 2022– Deadline for acceptance of candidate nomination forms (at 16:00)
- 26 December 2022 – Final list of candidates, with candidate numbers announced
- 28 December 2022 – Presidential Primary Voters List released and open for complaints
- 31 December 2022 – Voters List Complaints Deadline (16:00)
- 03 January 2023 – Presidential Primary Final Voters List Released
- 10 January 2023- Opening of opportunity for candidate representatives
- 15 January 2023– Closing date for candidate representatives
- 28 January 2023– Presidential Primary Voting Day