Covid-19: Additional 25 confirmed cases and 54 recoveries

Photo: Sunmv

Malé, Maldives — HPA confirmed additional 25 Covid-19 cases in Maldives over the past 24hours. 

HPA disclosed that, as of 6pm of July 4, from 6pm of July 3, additional 25 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 19 Maldivian nationalities
  • 4 Bangladeshi nationalities 
  • 1 Indian nationality
  • 1 Nepali nationality

Including these 25 confirmed cases, Maldives now has a total of 2,435 confirmed Covid-19 cases. However, currently among these cases, there are only 390 active cases in Maldives.

While 35% of the confirmed 2,435 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationalities with a total of 863 cases. The remaining 65% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 65%, 51% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,261 cases. The remaining 14% cases are of 224 Indian nationals, 44 Nepali nationals, 19 Sri Lankan nationals and 11 Italian nationals.

While 25 people were confirmed for the virus today, 54 has completely recovered from it over the past 24hours. Along with these recoveries, a total of 2,030 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldivies is now at 83%.

Up to date, 10 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 5 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino nationals.