Covid-19: Additional 10 confirmed cases and 45 recoveries

Photo: Avas

Malé, Maldives — HPA has confirmed additional 10 Covid-19 cases and 45 recoveries in Maldives over the past 24 hours. 

HPA disclosed that, between 6pm of July 6 and 6pm of July 7, additional 10 cases were confirmed for the virus in Maldives. They are:

  • 07Maldivian nationals
  • 03 Bangladeshi nationals

Along with these 10 cases that were confirmed over the past 24hours, Maldives now has a total of 2,501 confirmed Covid-19 cases. However, currently among these cases, there are only 326 active cases in Maldives.

While 35% of the confirmed 2,501 cases for Covid-19 in Maldives are of Maldivian nationalities with a total of 899 cases. The remaining 65% cases are of foreign nationalities. Among this 65%, 51% of these confirmed cases are of Bangladeshi nationals with a total of 1,288 cases. The remaining 14% cases are of 227 Indian nationals, 44 Nepali nationals, 19 Sri Lankan nationals and 11 Italian nationals.

While 10 people tested positive for the virus today, 45 people has complety recovered from the virus over the past 24 hours. Along with these 45 recoveries, a total of 2,158 people have completely recovered from the virus in Maldives. The recovery rate of Maldives has now increased by 2% to 86%.

Up to date, 12 have passed away from Covid-19 in Maldives. The deceased are 7 elderly Maldivian nationals, 4 Bangladeshi nationals and a Filipino national.

While currently there are 273 people held in Isolation facilities, 107 are in quarantine facilities at present.