COVID-19: Last 3 deaths & 860 active cases recorded in the atolls!

Healthcare workers seen collecting random samples in Addu City | Photo: adduLIVE

Malé, Maldives – Health Emergency Operation Center (HEOC), today, stated that there are 860 active cases in the islands of Maldives.

Of the 860 positive cases, 803 are Maldivians while 57 foreigners have tested positive, reports local news Hathavees, citing HEOC.

The highest concentration of active cases are recorded at R. Dhuvaafaru and K. Kaashidhoo, in close proximity to the capital city Malé. While the total active cases at present in Kaashidhoo are 154, 130 Maldivians and 24 foreign nationals, Dhuvaafaru has 140 active cases who are all locals. The third highest active cases are reported from the southern district of GDh. Nadella with 112 total cases, 110 Maldivians and 2 foreigners.

Covid-19 vaccination coverage data shows that when compared to the total population, only 16 percent of the total population has administered 2 doses of the Covid-19 vaccines, with only 26 percent administering the first dose. K. Kaashidhoo has a higher percentage with 42 percent of the total population vaccinated with 2 doses and 45 percent with one dose. GDh. Nadella has a vaccination percentage of 32 percent of the total population with 2 doses whole 52 percent have received the first dose.

17 islands are currently under monitoring due to Covid-19, with Fuvahmulah City remaining under monitoring status for the longest duration of time for a consecutive 94 days.

The 222, 221, 220 Covid-19 deaths were also recorded in the atolls, with a 94 year old passing away in Fuvahmulah City, a 52 year old and 66 year old reported dead in R. Dhuvaafaru.